Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 06, 2007

FIRE MAP AND OTHER INFO

I have sent out about 450 fire maps and the list continues to grow. Since I am a "one woman operation" I may have to suspend this effort later. I can't keep up with all of this and our business...and I thought I was good at multi-tasking! For those who continue to send email requests I will do my best to fill them, however, do not send me an address that is different from the address your email originated from. It just makes my job more time consuming and those emails will not get a map...sorry.

It is getting smoky in our area now with the wind being out of the north/north west and we have opted to shut the windows on the west side of our home. For now, the fire is NOT a threat to the Deer Park area and with the wind being what it is, it sounds like they don't expect it to be.

And to dispel the continuing rumor...WE HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED OR ORDERED TO EVACUATE. If that happens and time allows, I will let you know and that message will be brief and to the point, but we do not see that happening.

M-123 continues to be closed, however, the DNR (according to the radio station) is allowing SOME TRAFFIC THROUGH IF YOU HAVE A DARN GOOD REASON. The main reason this continues to be closed is due to all the heavy equipment up and down the road...and ya know you are gonna get gawkers who just plain get in the way. CAMPERS AND LODGING GUESTS ARE STILL ABLE TO GET TO US. YOU JUST HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW (AT THE BARRICADE) THAT YOU NEED TO COME HERE. We are 1/16th of a mile north of the barricade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive