Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

EARLY MORNING FIRE UPDATE

As you know by now, we had rain. What I don't know yet this morning is how much good it did. I know in my heart it had to do some good, but to what extent I don't have that info yet.

I can tell you that there still is no structural damage any place due to this fire! There was a LOT of action east of CR 407 yesterday and south of CR 420. They were able to halt the progress about 2 miles south of Pine Stump Junction.

They are asking people who are traveling M-123 between CR 407 to CR 500 to maintain a speed of NO MORE THAN 25 MPH due to the heavy equipment still up and down the road.

Not only is there a Red Cross shelter set up at the high school for displaced residents, but the Luce County Animal Control has also set up a shelter for those pets of the displace residents...and this DOES include horses, so hats off to Denise Erickson, Luce County Animal Control Officer and her helper Maggie and anyone else involved in this particular effort.

The fire is still only about 10% contained. CR 407 remains closed. Power has been restored to some areas.

KEEP CHECKING!!!!

On a personal note; I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed getting emails from all over the country from people who have found this website and info. I have read a lot of personal stories that have touched my heart; people who have a connection up here because they use to come up on family vacations as a kid and now they bring their family, or their family use to or still do have property up here. I've read about fishing trips on the Two Heart, I've read about weddings held "at camp"...the list goes on. All of these are from people who have found Yooper Yarns because of the fire. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had these glimpses into the personal lives of some of our readers. I thank you for sharing. Your stories remind me of how Dan and I came to be here...after all we originally were trolls! (And that story is some where in the archives of this site!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive