Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 10, 2007

BACON, BACON, BACON

We need some light conversation for a while. A slight change of subject for a moment or two.

In the winter, when I update my snowmobile trail report for the Eastern U.P., I try to keep it light and humorous and right now I need to let of some pent up “steam” via a different subject for a while…you can always just skip this and I won’t be insulted. Heck, I won’t even know it!

For those of you who have “been with me” over the years, you’ve gotten to know Dan and I a bit through my writing. Dan provides me with a LOT of writing material….and he doesn’t even know it till someone mentions a story that they read about him. Poor guy, but he is the light of my life and the humor in my heart. In other words, Dan can be a hoot to live with!

For example, and maybe this will be a case of “ya had to be there”, last night for supper we made BLT’s. We don’t do this often because we both try to watch the “fat intake” (which for me is like watching water intake…it just happens!). Dan was making the toast, tearing up some lettuce, slicing the tomatoes, etc. I asked him to please open the new jar of (FAT FREE!) Miracle Whip. I heard him over by the counter muttering to himself so I asked him “What seems to be the problem?” Ya know how everything in a jar has this plastic ring around the top to seal it off??? Dan was having one helluva time with that thing. I don’t know how a man who can build a house can have so much difficulty with those darn “ringy things”. He finally got out his jack knife to slice it and said “I didn’t know I was going to need my carpenter tools to get this @#$%%$ open!”

We finally got supper on the table and Dan started building his sandwich. He makes a bona fide science out of this endeavor. It all has to go a certain way or it just isn’t’ the same for him. He finally got it pretty much constructed and topped it off with a slice of cheese (NOT fat free), squashed it down real good and took a big bite. One of his tomato slices shot out the back end and he burned his lip on the bacon. One would have thought in the 4 minutes it took to build this flawless sandwich that the bacon would have cooled enough that it wouldn’t have been possible for him to get hurt! I tell ya; sometimes he just doesn’t stand a chance! He managed to get everything pushed back between his two pieces of toast and finished it off with out further incidence.

After dishes were done, I still had that lingering smell of fried bacon in the house, so I lit one of my vanilla scented candles. It always seems to help. The only problem with this is then the whole house smells like Grandma’s cookies baking and that makes us hungry again!

Now that I read through this, I guess it WAS a case of ya had to be there. As I said, you CAN skip over it!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your humor even though I WASN'T THERE and I'm glad I didn't skip over it ! The contradicition of fat-free mayo and bacon sounds just like some meals at my house !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive