Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 10, 2007

ANOTHER ASPECT OF THE DNR

I want to tell you about a very helpful DNR woman that I just had the pleasure of speaking with.

First, you know that I've been telling you how badly camping has been this week, the rumors we are hearing from people, cancellations, etc. I spoke with Les Homan, DNR about our concern and asked if there was anything else the DNR could do to assist. He was kind enough to refer our conversation to Ada who is an Information Officer at the DNR field office. She is working from 7 a.m. to at least 11 p.m. I'm not sure what all her job entails, but I know she has to be busy because there is a LOT of info to be distributed via the various means.

Ada called me a while ago and we had a very informative conversation. I told her all that we had been experiencing, etc. She told me that if I had ANYONE who had ANY concerns whatso ever to contact her personally at the DNR Field office. She even went one step further and OFFERED TO CALL THE LAST GROUP OF CANCELLATIONS THAT WE HAD IN AN EFFORT TO EASE THEIR MINDS! Now, how is that for caring about the community! She has called me back a couple of times since then telling me that she has been unable to reach this party and she asked if I had an email address that I could give her. If she cannot reach the party by phone, she will email them! Even though this might not help the situation, it is the thought that this person was willing to go this extra mile to help!

And for your information, if any of you would feel more comfortable talking directly to the DNR instead of relying on the information that I GET from the DNR and then publish for you, you can call Ada at 1-906-293-3293 and her extension is 4742. She said that if she is not available to please press 0. I do ask though, that you don't bombarde her with "frivilous" questions. She's got a big job to do and so I was very touched that she is going this extra 5 miles for Dan and I.

3 comments:

  1. alan Jennings and crew6:37 PM

    Cathy and Dan,
    we've folloed your snowtrail reports for years and know you tell it like it is. sorry to hear you are still having problmes with camping. It is pretty suprising that this woman is willing to go that extra mile for you guys and hopefully it wil all work out. You run a first class act, like Biskit says and your reports are always right on.
    We'r pulling for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 PM

    I'm a small business owner too, and understand the anxiety you have over lost business. Just trust that it will all work out; it really will in the long run.
    Thanks for the all the updates on the fire, I greatly appreciate it!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. Dan and I are very fortunate and feel lucky and blessed so I shouldn't be complaining about the business end of things. You are right, it WILL all work out eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive