I’ve been getting quite a few emails since I told you all that Dan and I were “looking forward” to his retirement. We aren’t necessarily looking forward to selling our business because we do so much enjoy it and love our property. We have so many positive comments from even locals who remember what this place use to look like “way back when”.
Anyway, I’m going to try to address some of the questions I’ve been asked. I have emailed the individuals back with the answers but in case any of you might be wondering the same thing(s)….
1. ARE YOU GOING TO STICK AROUND NEWBERRY? That is our goal. We hope to find some wooded acreage with a one story home. We’ve made good friends in the area and we’d both like to stay involved in the community.
2. HOW DO YOU PLAN ON INTRODUCING THE NEW OWNERS WHEN THE TIME COMES? That is a good question….and a lot of that will be up to whoever purchases the business. My suggestion would be to introduce them to the local organizations, local businesses that we deal with and for us to spend some time at the campground helping them get started and hopefully helping them to feel comfortable with all that there is to do….and it will be a “weaning” process for us too!
3. DO YOU THINK THEY’D KEEP THE SAME NAME? Again, that will be up to whoever purchases the business. After I was asked this question, I did a search on Yahoo and Google and just typed in the name Clementz’s on the search line…and about two pages of links to our website or other websites that we are associated with came up so until a person got established, I would suggest that that new owner consider keeping the same name.
4. WHAT WILL YOU MISS THE MOST? No question about it, my first choice of what I will miss the most is just the natural beauty of our park! 2nd will be missing being able to share it with others (our camping and lodging guests). We won’t have that personal satisfaction anymore of hearing all the positive comments and getting all the emails etc from “happy campers”. It will be extremely hard for us to not be here.
5. WHAT WON’T YOU MISS? I think that would have to be the fact that we made ourselves available 24/7 for the months that we are open. That was OUR choice. We didn’t have anyone that we were comfortable in leaving in charge except ourselves! We would have wanted someone with good customer service skills, someone who was familiar with RV’s and campsites, someone who had some knowledge about what a camper (or lodging guest) might need, someone we could train for our reservation system…things like that. We had friends who were willing to help out so we could have time off but while one person might be good in some of those areas they might not have a clue in others. Dan and I have discussed that if we do stick around in the area and the new owners would ever want to get away for a day or two that at least we would have the knowledge that we could step in and give them a break.
Another person wanted to know what was the funniest or worst thing that I can remember happening since we've been here. I'm going to have to get back to you on that because there have been quite a few and I need to pick Dan's brain for help on this one!
OK, with all of that said, if anyone else has any questions, don’t be afraid to ask. I will do my best to answer!
Our New Normal
4 weeks ago