Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

SPECIAL CAMPING FRIENDS


You may be wondering what the heck that photo is! I should have waited to take it until we positioned it on our deck but it was so cute I had to share it with my friends.
We have some camping guests that come stay every summer for a couple of weeks; very nice couple. They are Fred and Laura Fritz from Fenton, Michigan. They surprised Dan and I with this gift that Fred had made! In the snail is a rain gauge (I think as dry as it is, it will be a dust gauge for this year) and the top is a little solar lamp. We had a difficult time finding a good place to put it because we didn't want it to "come up missing" so we have put it on the small deck in the dog yard....which is ALL fenced in with chain link fence.
Dan and I think Nick, the Husky, will enjoy having a little porch light. Since Chewy has to have the big yard light on if she goes out after dark, I doubt she will notice it, but we have put it in a place that hopefully will prevent her from falling off by her handicap ramp!
Now we have to wait for it to get dark so we can see what it looks like. AND we are glad to say the birds don't start singing at 4 a.m. anymore (since it is staying dark longer) and the robins aren't chirping much past 10:15 p.m. (since it is getting dark earlier!).
So, with all of that said, Dan and I want to thank Fred and Laura for being such good guests and for thinking enough of us for this wonderful gift (oh, and Laura even brings dog treats for Nick! She is aware that Chewy has food allergies and has to have special food). Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive