Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, June 22, 2007

THIS IS RIVETING!!! Or maybe not!

You’ve seen those “fold up” camping chairs, right?? The ones on spindly legs. Usually the “seat” is made out of some kind of left over parachute cloth and fits your butt like a hammock? Some of them have “cup holders”, some are “deep seated” and “low slung”. (I guess that is supposed to make them look more contemporary.)

Dan and I purchased a couple of them about 4 years ago at K-Mart on sale. We got a good deal and they have come in handy. It is easy to erect them and to fold them. It isn’t necessarily easy to get OUT of one or put one back in its handy little carrying bag. But we do take them when we go camping, vowing we would eventually buy the more expensive, sturdier type. Ya know, the one made out of circus tent fabric.

Well, we no longer have to make that purchase! One of our camping guests left one behind…at the dumpster…which maybe should have been Dan’s first clue. But Dan is Mr. Fixit and all he needed was a couple of pop rivets and it would be good as new!

He fixed ‘er up and had me sit in it yesterday and other than needing a crane to haul my big old self out of it, it was pretty comfy. We were both surprised that someone just threw it away.

Dan was taking a break today, in between working on mowers and what not. He was sitting in that “new” chair, low slung that it was (remember Dan is still recuperating from knee replacement). I walked out of the pole barn, after putting my mower away and I heard a commotion and a cluster of cussing coming from Dan’s shop. Then I saw the fold up chair NOT folded up, being hurled out of the shop. It landed not too far from my feet. I looked at Dan and he said “Don’t even ask!” I could only assume his rivets had popped and he had made a less than pleasant landing when that happened. He finally told me that he couldn’t get out of that low slung chair and it was going back to the dumpster only THIS time it was going IN the dumpster, not just sat beside it for some other poor unsuspecting Mr. Fixit.

In his effort to extricate himself from that chair, it had popped the rivets so it really was not worth keeping. So, back to the drawing board!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive