Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

DARN SNOW ANYWAY

I thought I was going to get a lot of stuff done while Dan was in the hospital. I had plans of getting all of the decks water sealed (well, at least ONE of them, but I set high goals for myself), painting our small entry way room, picking up brush and sticks from the campground, cleaning out our bathroom cupboards. Well, we still have 20” of the 30” of snow from LAST week plus another 4-5” of new, heavy wet snow. So far all I’ve gotten done is to feed the birds (again) and shovel the deck (again) and sweep the snow off the Escape (which was a waste of energy). At least I can clean out the cupboards…except it will involve putting on my boots to wade through the snow to get to the dumpster.

Last year at this same time, we were able to have windows open for a bit and I even had the window on my side of the bed open during the night. This year, I’m still reaching out to the satellite dish with a broom every morning to sweep the damn snow off from it so I can get online!

Dan’s surgery went very well; so much so that it makes me nervous! He had the same thing done last year and had one heck of a time with it. Not so much the surgery end of it, but the being drugged out end of it. Last year when they woke him up in recovery, he “came out of it” throwing punches and they had to restrain him (they said it was the morphine). This year he woke up in recovery feeling pretty jolly. I think it was LESS morphine. Instead of putting him on morphine pump in his room, he is on demoral pump. Last year, he made no sense and had no idea of what was going on around him. This year, he can talk and is even feeling a big hungry (last year he had no appetite). I called him this morning and he said he had a painful night so he didn’t sleep well. They will be getting him up today. All he is expected to do today is sit in a chair for about 20 minutes and if HE feels up to it and wants to try, they will allow him to try to walk around the room. He will be using a walker for quite some time. Last time, he was in the hospital for 5 days. He thinks he should be able to come home Saturday, which will have made it 3 days. Now, we have to hope the weather cooperates so he CAN come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive