Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

STRANGE PHONE CALLS

I’ve been getting what I consider bizarre phone calls this week and wondered if any of you have. It is a pre-recorded message advising me that it is critical that I call the student loan department regarding my student loan and then it gives me a 1-800 # (which NO, I have not called). First of all, I don’t have a student loan, 2nd I’ve never HAD a student loan…so what is going on??? Do I need to do another credit check on myself to see if someone has taken my identity? ARE ANY OF YOU GETTING THIS PHONE CALL???? I did a search and came up with a governmental website for student loans and it had an email contact list so I have written to “them”. I received an automated reply letting me know that they would respond within 24 hours. So, seriously, are any of you getting this phone call??

And speaking of phones; I use a headset and I LOVE it. The only problem is that I think I am developing a slightly bald spot on the right side of my head. The ear piece is on my left ear, but the over the head holder onner thing is on the right side of my head. When I try to remove the headset at the end of a phone call, the right side gets caught in my curls and usually ends up taking about 4 or 5 strands of hair with it. I am curious as to how many people that I have said “Thank you for calling. Goodbye” also hear, “OUCH and darn it!” as I am untangling my hair from this thing.

It is hard to believe we are in February already. We are getting a fair amount of camping reservations for summer and most of them are for June, which is unusual. Normally the reservations are for in July or August (at least the ones we get this time of year). Hopefully this is a good sign since the U.P. tourism has been so sluggish the past several years. Maybe this extreme cold weather this weekend will kill any chances of mosquitoes and black flies this spring…ha, ha. Fat chance.

2 comments:

  1. Every now and again, we get phone calls from random credit agencies that we have never ever dealt with. When I call them, then find out who they want, it is often for another person. Some people give out false information to creditors, or your number used to belong to someone else. The creditors are really nice about taking your number out of their system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonje, I DID finally get to the bottom of it (or at least I HOPE I did). Thanks for your response!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive