Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

SNOWMOBILING ON TASA TRAILS IN NEWBERRY AREA

Bill and Brenda from Dayton, Ohio stopped by on their sleds this morning to give a big thumbs up for the TASA trails. They had been riding other places, further west and said that they felt like they were “home” as soon as they got on the TASA trails. By further west, I mean they had been over by Marquette area. It sounds like they haven’t had any fresh snow in a while, even though there is grooming efforts going on.

It also sounds like they saw some strange sights along the trail over that way. I would have to agree that when you see a barn yard rooster standing big as Cuffy (not sure who Cuffy is, but my Grandpa always said that) in the middle of the trail, not budging an inch, BUT batting his eyes at you, that IS a strange site! And even stranger was the fact he was still there when they came back by! I thought maybe his feet were frozen fast to the trail!

They brought Dan and I a nice box of chocolate candy that is made right in Dayton, Ohio. Bill made sure that Dan knew that part of that was for him (I wonder why he thought he had to stress that fact, hmmmm…….) so I will pack a few pieces in Dan’s grooming lunch bucket tonight.

Guests who are supposed to arrive late Thursday night might not even be able to legally leave until Friday! They live in Ohio and the police have issued fair warning that anyone out on the roads in the blizzard and blowing that is going on in their area WILL be ticketed. Other guests that are due to arrive on Saturday from Ft. Wayne said that yesterday everything was closing down in that area due to the weather conditions. While Dan and I were watching the weather report and it showed all the nasty conditions in Indiana and Ohio, I said to Dan that I bet there are people that live in those areas that don’t even remember that winter actually use to be that way down there. Sure enough; the man I was talking to from Ft. Wayne said the last time they had weather like that, he was 5 years old…and he didn’t remember it! Crazy weather…..

The box of chocolate that Bill and Brenda left reminded me of a story that I have to share with the rest of you. A couple years ago, Dan and I had been shopping in the Soo in December and it was cold. We had purchased a box of that Whitman Sampler…the larger size box. It had been sitting in the vehicle while we were shopping but when we got back to the car we decided to open it and each have a chocolate covered caramel. We noticed that there was a man parked directly across from us; basically the vehicles were nose to nose. He was in his car pretending not to watch us. Dan was chewing and chewing and CHEWING on that cold caramel. I couldn’t help but laugh because by the time he got it warmed up a bit, it stuck to the roof of his mouth. So then he was trying to pry it off the roof of his mouth with the blunt strength of his tongue. The man in the other car tried harder to pretend not to watch. Dan looked like a cow choking on a cud. He finally tried to pry the caramel from the roof of his mouth with his finger and when he did, his teeth landed on the dash. The man in the other car was startled and it was no longer possible for him to act as if he was not watching. OH!!! Did I mention, Dan has false teeth!? So, Bill and Brenda, Dan managed to eat a caramel today without attracting too much attention! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive