Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

IT ARRIVED AND OTHER THINGS

Fed Ex and I DO mean Fed Ex (not Ryder or some other cheap imitation!) showed up yesterday at 2:30 p.m. with the package! They DO deliver!!!! The last destination I had tracked the package to was Grand Rapids. I hope THAT truck didn't have to drive all the way up here!

There were several SERIOUS snowmobile accidents this past weekend plus, as I understand it, 3 deaths in the area. I don't have all the details yet so I'm not even going to venture to post anything about it. The one accident involved a 13 year old boy who had to be air lifted downstate. Last everyone knew he had a punctured lung, several broken bones and was in very VERY serious condition. Our prayers and thoughts are with all of these people.

Last Thursday (or was it Friday??) the new TASA groomer finally arrived. Last night was the first we've actually been able to use it except for a few hours on Friday, last week. While Trail Boss Bob had it out last Friday, the lights all quit working. Long story short, they had to send a new alternator. The other problem is that they sent the wrong drag. The one they sent is about 14" wider than the one we ordered...which will make grooming difficult in some of the areas on our trails. You might not think that 14" width would make a big difference, but it does. The correct drag will be here in a couple of weeks...we HOPE! Trail Boss Bob was personally going out and grooming the Falls trail with the new equipment last night. He does not want to risk sending a "rookie" out with the over size drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive