Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

A GROUP SNOW DANCE, YOOPER STYLE

I decided that we’ve all been doing the snow dance incorrectly so with that in mind I got up very early this morning and proceeded to try it out in a different fashion. The story follows (as an explanation, everything in quotation marks is a title of a song);

I decided to “Reach out in The Darkness” and “Dance to the Music” by the light of the “Blue Moon”. But first, I had to get my “Green Tambourine” before I could even begin to “Shake My Booty”. This dance has to give us some “Satisfaction”

While I was trying to perfect the steps of the “Hippy, Hippy Shake” I realized how out of shape I actually was, then I was concerned about my “Achy, Breaky, Heart”. I quickly realized I was just “Hooked on a Feeling”. It’s “Gonna Be All Right” and my temperature was only “98.6”.

Well, while I was “Twisting the Night Away” and feeling that “I’m so Lonesome I Could Cry”, along came “Judy In Disguise”, some “Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves” and “Run Around Sue” (just to name a few). And then “Along Comes Mary” and the “Duke Of Earl”! I was glad to see them, but I had to know where they had been all of this time! The responses varied from “Sitting on the Dock in the Bay” to the “Bus Stop”. One had just returned from a “Ferry Cross the Mersey”. Another replied that “Mama Told Me Not to Come”.

We were all feverishly dancing; we all had “A Little Bit of Soul” going for us. Even though the temps were mild, a few were turning “A Whiter Shade of Pale” and wished they had worn their “Short Shorts”. The “Devil With the Blue Dress” was particularly warm and decided to go “Up On The Roof”. I yelled to her “Get Up Offa That Thing”! She replied “Never, My Love”. I was afraid she’d get “Dizzy”. I guess the “Worst That Could Happen” would be she’d fall off and “Cry Like A Baby”.

We took our moves out of the yard and soon we were “Dancin’ in the Streets”. Could be it was “Just My Imagination” but this looked like the “Land of 1000 Dances” and everyone appeared “Happy Together”. We were just having a great time.

All of a sudden, our neighbor, “The Fool On The Hill”, decided to pull out his “Shotgun”. He’s always been a little “Crazy” but “More Today Than Yesterday”. One of the dancers went running towards the neighbor! We all shouted, “Billy, Don’t Be A Hero”! But he took off like “The Streak”.

He told that nutty neighbor “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” and asked him to “Play That Funky Music” with us. The neighbor replied “I Can See Clearly Now” that snowflakes are “Precious and Few” so I’ll join the dancing!” It settled peacefully and no one will be on the “Cover Of The Rolling Stone” and there will be no more “Bad Blood” between us. He was even chanting “Everybody Have Fun Tonight”!

Well “One Thing Leads To Another” and the next thing we knew we were no longer “Dancing In The Dark”. It was daylight! We all decided we were “Hungry” and I suggested some “Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie”. Someone asked if I made the pie with “Cinnamon”. Someone else just wanted “Bread and Butter”. The rest of the group decided they just better “Go Now”.

Before they left I asked them how they found out about the snow dance dilemma and they replied that they’d “Heard It Through The Grape Vine” I then asked if they thought this group dancing would do any good and one pessimistic person replied “In The Year 2525”. The rest of the group felt there would be snow in “No Time” and that it IS “The Time Of The Season”. That darn old pessimist said “We Ain’t Got Nothing Yet”!

I’d had enough of this guy so I said “With A Little Help From My Friends” there WILL be snow! I also told him that no one would shed so much as “96 Tears” if he decided to just “Catch The Wind” and leave our group! All he did was “Laugh, Laugh” and then he was gone!

The rest of us realized the “Time Has Come Today” and we were done for this session. Some decided to catch the “Last Train To Clarksville” while others took off with the “Little Old Lady”. I told them thanks and that “You Keep Me Hanging On”. I also told them that next year we’d have to start this new group snow dance a lot earlier in the season so as they were all leaving I yelled “SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!!”

So that is why I was up at 4:00 a.m. today. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive