Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, January 15, 2007

GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING!

I can’t remember if I have told you or not, but TASA is celebrating its 20th year in existence this year!!!!

With the help of a TASA life time member, James Buckingham and some info gleaned by another life time member, Carlton Richmond, I hope to have the History of TASA ready later this year. I’m not sure how old James is but Carlton is 93! He has been on the Eastern U.P. Snowmobile Council for a number of years and has been involved with MSA since its inception. TASA has been very fortunate to have these two wonderful fellows be a part of making TASA what it is today.

I never gave it much thought as to how they came up with the name for our association until I realized if they had called it Newberry Area Snowmobile Association, the initials would have been NASA instead of TASA!! I think they made a wise choice going with TASA! We wouldn’t want the public thinking NASA had a space lab in the little town of Newberry, nestled away in a primordial forest someplace!

A lot has happened in 20 years. Heck a lot has happened in just the last 24 hours! And that is what I want to tell you about now! AS of about 7 p.m. last night....I bet you didn’t know that there is a brand new online snowmobiler forum with several subjects to choose from AND if you don’t like any of those subjects you can email me and we’ll see about getting your subject up! Also on this website are snowmobile photos and stories and you can email those to me. I just ask that your photo not be any larger than 100kb. The address for this site is www.upsnowmobiling.com.

Ya need to check it out and check it out often! Please get involved with the forums! They are very easy to use and we want to help make this site a success! Take time to explore it! There is a TON of info about the whole U.P! But if you are a particular fan of the Eastern U.P. and the Newberry area, I am involved with some of the www.upsnowmobiling.com site and ya know I won’t steer ya wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive