Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

HOW WAS YOUR SHOWER TODAY???

You remember the other day, one of my meandering stories started out something like “Why do people ask you how your shower was?”?? Remember that??? Well, go ahead; ask me!

I thought my mind had stopped wandering and worrying since we finally have gotten the 4 Mile Corner trail issue resolved. I’ve been sleeping better, my blood pressure has come down; life seemed better….but then this weather pattern set in. There isn’t much snow left on the ground to even worry about using ANY trail. There are people with reservations for right after Christmas….and what about all the reservations after the first of the year? And it isn’t just that…who can be in a Christmas frame of mind when there isn’t any snow???

We have a Christmas party to attend today, only I’ll be going alone because Dan has a mandatory groomer meeting today which will take pretty much ALL day. I tend to be very social, so attending the party alone isn’t the issue…it is the lack of snow making me feel less than festive. And I’m sure the guys attending the meeting would feel more in tune with GOING to the meeting if there was a raging snow storm to drive through to get to there.

Oh, I managed to whip up a single batch of Amish sugar cookies and get them frosted yesterday, but my heart wasn’t in it. I haven’t even made a pan of fudge yet. And my corn flake bars???? I didn’t cook the syrup long enough so they were so sticky ya couldn’t cut them in squares, so they didn’t get wrapped. Ya had to “scoop” them onto a plate and eat them with a fork!

All of this was running through my mind this morning while showering. Ya just don’t think it requires a lot of brain cells and attentiveness to shower and wash your hair, but apparently I am the exception. After applying the hair conditioner and then rinsing it out, I wondered why my hair was all bubbly…I HAD already shampooed my hair and rinsed well…so what the heck was all this lather??? I KNEW I picked up the bottle on the right side of the shower caddy. So, between the soap suds running down my face and into my eyes, I took a quick peek and realized I had put Oil of Olay Bath and Body Wash on my hair for conditioner.

In my next life, what EVER my career is, it will be one that I don’t have to depend on the weather for an income or to make me feel good about life in general!

What I need now is some Calgon. It seems that Calgon’s slogan still is “Calgon, take me away!!!”

I am still looking for the brighter side and I am, believe it or not, trying hard to remain optimistic about this weather. So, don’t give up yet. Keep reciting the White Precipitus mantra and doing the snow dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive