Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

CHRISTMAS COOKIES AND NIGHT LIGHTS

I finally rattled some pots and pans and Dan is a happy man. (For those of you too young, those are “kind of” lyrics from a Bill Haley and The Comets song from the early 50’s). Of course, that bake off was 2 days ago, and except for the 12 cookies in the freezer, the other 48 are about gone. I guess it is finally time to make the Official Clementz Household Christmas Amish Sugar Cookie!

Then of course, there will be the Corn Flake Bars which sound awful and look bad, but boy they are tasty treats! Besides corn flakes, they have red skin peanuts and coconut in them. The biggest draw back to these bars is that once they are cut into squares, they need to be individually wrapped in cellophane. They tend to be sticky and then of course your sticky fingers adhere to the plastic wrap and then your fingers eventually stick to the next corn flake bar, which means a hunk of it usually stays attached to your finger or thumb, which means you have to lick the sticky piece off your appendage, but then you are left with a malformed corn flake bar that is no longer square so you have to eat that bar….it is just so terrible. Sigh….

The weather doesn’t have me in a Christmas mood at all. This is more like late March weather. I do feel like Bah, Humbug at the moment.

I always try to share product news and information on products that we have purchased…kind of like “try before you buy”. As I’ve told you before, we have SO many nightlights in our home, due to my basically blind Chewy dog that our hallway looks like a runway for small aircraft. It seems that nightlights with the electric eyes (do they make them any other way anymore??) do NOT last. I’m not referring to the bulb, but it must be the sensor that gives out because we are constantly replacing them. So, I was THRILLED when I found these fluorescent night lights called a 5 YEAR NIGHTLIGHT. And they also have the electric eye sensor thing (they call it a digital sensor). I purchased three of them at $3.50 each. I bought them at Wal-Mart which is 72 miles one way from us. That IS the closest Wal-Mart. This was in April 2006, which was 8 months ago. One has already stopped working. What does “5 YEAR NIGHTLIGHT” mean to you when YOU read it??? I got out the magnifying glass to read the very fine print and the warranty is “Free from defect for one year from purchase”, etc. It goes on to say if the product fails within that year to return it to place of purchase WITH THE SALES SLIP OR you may return the product and the original receipt to 611 Reyes Dr, Walnut Ca, 91789, attn Consumer Affairs.

First of all, I’m not going to drive a total of 144 miles to return a $3.50 night light. Secondly, even if I HAD the receipt, I wouldn’t pay the shipping costs to return the $3.50 night light. I looked up their website and emailed them…that was a week ago. Apparently THEY don’t think it is worth their time to respond. I realize that $3.50 isn’t going to break me, but it IS the principal of the whole purchase…of all 3 of these lights. PLUS, this company has a WHOLE line of lighting…which at this point, I wouldn’t purchase any of it due to how quickly THIS failed. At this time, the other light that we did plug in AT THE SAME TIME, IS still working. I’m just glad I didn’t purchase any more than 3 of them.


(JUST A REMINDER TO THOSE NEW TO THE YARN SITE, ON THE LEFT HAND MARGINE YOU WILL SEE A LIST OF MONTHS OF ARCHIVES. CLICK ON A MONTH TO REVIEW ANYTHING WRITTEN IN THAT TIME FRAME)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive