Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

DEAR DIARY...OR WHY I LOVE WINTER

WE'RE CURRENTLY IN A SNOW ADVISORY SO WITH THAT IN MIND I WANT TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU. I HAVE TRIED TO "CLEAN IT UP" SO IT IS FIT FOR EVERYONE. HOPE NO ONE IS OFFENDED!

Dear Diary
September 3. Moved to our new home in the U.P. It is so beautiful here. The white pines are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them. I love it here.

Oct. 14. The U.P. is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful trees and saw some deer. They are so graceful. The must certainly be the most gorgeous creatures on earth. I love it here.

Nov. 11. Deer season will soon start. I can’t imagine how anyone could kill such a gorgeous creature. I hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

Dec. 2. It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and had a snowball fight and I won! We had to clean the steps off and shovel the driveway. The snowplow came by and we had to shovel again. What a peaceful place. I LOVE the U.P!

Dec. 12. More snow last night. The snowplow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here!

Dec. 19. More snow last night. Couldn’t get out of the driveway. I’m exhausted from shoveling. Damn snowplow.

Dec. 22. More of that white @#$% fell last night. I’ve got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the curve and waits till I’m done shoveling. JERK!

Dec. 25. Merry Christmas! More friggin’ snow. If I ever get my hands on that son of a gun who drives that snowplow, I swear I’ll kill the @#$!~*&$! Don’t know why they don’t use more salt on the roads to melt the friggin’ ice!

Dec 27. More white #&*% last night! Been inside for 3 days except for shoveling the driveway after that snowplow goes through. Can’t go anywhere, car is stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10” of the white stuff again tonight. Do you have any idea how many shovels 10” is??

Dec. 28. The brainless weatherman was wrong! We got 34” of that white #*$& this time. At this rate it won’t melt before next summer. The snowplow got stuck up the road and that jerk came to my door and asked to borrow my shovel! After I told him I had broken two shovels already shoveling all the #*$& he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his darn head!

Jan. 4 Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and one the way back a damned deer ran right in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $4000 damage to the car. Those dim-witted deer should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed ‘em all last November!

May 3. Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe that the thing is rusting out from all the salt they put all over the road.

May 10, Moved to Georgia. I can’t imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in the U.P!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive