Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

GIVE ME JUST A LITTLE MORE TIME...

I’MM BAAACCCK…sort of anyway. I CAN type two handed and the pain in the surgery area isn’t too bad, but my shoulder blade hurts worse NOW than it did before the surgery….right to the base of my neck. You can be sure I’m gonna mention that to the Dr when I see him Friday. The ONLY time I am totally comfortable is when I’m in bed.

Dan has been a trooper again helping with everything. He does NOT enjoy doing the dishes but he does them faithfully, once a day. Actually he’s had to do them twice so far this morning because I made him some Scotcheroos a while ago (and I didn’t want to leave that mess till supper time). He even had to help make them because of the stirring involved and holding the pan on the burner.

Speaking of Dan and being comfortable, I tell you we both have winter on our minds! Dan changed the bedding from regular sheets to flannel sheets a couple of days ago. That is another thing he isn’t fond of…making the bed. We have a queen size bed and need the “deep” fitted sheets. If you’ve seen them, you know that they are elastic ALL the way around. Poor Dan; he was sure he had them “headed in the right direction” but by the time he got to the bottom of the bed to pull them into place and fit them on the corners, he realized that he had them put on the wrong way of the world and had to start over. Let me just say, he is not worried about being able to bounce a nickel or anything else off from the bed. Flannel sheets feel SO DARN GOOD!

We’ve got rain again today and rain forecasted every day till Friday…then there is a possibility of snow again. The shovels are in place (each cabin has a shovel too) and it won’t be long and Dan will be bringing in the container of “sidewalk salt”. I’ve got my little “SNOW, DAMN’T SNOW” man sign up, got the spiders sucked out of the winter boots. Coats, mittens and stocking caps are all within reach…we’re just waiting! The Weather Wizards are predicting a mild winter so time will tell!

I won’t be updating much till I get this pain in my shoulder under some kind of control, so bear with me!

Feel free to email or post messages. I will try to respond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive