Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

BLUE SKIES, SUNSHINE....

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY WE ALL HAD YESTERDAY!

We spent about 6 hours “sightseeing” in our neck of the woods! The weather could NOT have been any better. There still were some very pretty colors in the woods, but after today and tomorrow, there won’t be much left to look at.

The photos that I am sharing with you were all taken close to or at Lake Superior shoreline. The lighthouse is Crisp Point and there is quite a history to that lighthouse (which you can find info by doing a search on Crisp Point). The other photos were taken by the Mouth of the Two Hearted which flows into Lake Superior. One of the places we stopped and shared with our friends requires a slight drive in on an old, grown over two track and then a bit of a hike up hill and through the brush. Once you get to the end of this hike you are high on a bluff over looking Lake Superior. We are guessing that you are about 100-150’ above the shoreline and the Great Lake Superior. In the distance we could see 3 freighters and what we think was the Canadian side of Lake Superior. The water was very calm yesterday; the waves were only a couple of feet high.

When I am able to view Lake Superior, especially a view like the one I just described, I get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes and give thanks to God that Dan and I are blessed to live where we do. And it was wonderful to share it with friends who appreciate the beauty as much as we do. When you are able to view the U.P. this way, it tends to make you forget for just a moment about all the world’s ugly problems.

When we returned home, we played a game of Yooper Shoes (AKA Polish horseshoes or Snake Toss). Anne and Mike had never played it and I haven’t played in a long time but we had a great time trying! They enjoyed the game so much that Mike is going to make one when they return home! He is an avid golfer so he won’t have any trouble coming up with the golf balls!

In my first paragraph I stated that “after today and tomorrow, there won’t be much left to look at” (referring to any fall colors that do remain); that is because WE ARE GETTING OUR FIRST SNOW STORM OF THE SEASON!!!! At least that is what the Weather Wizards are predicting! We might need shovels and plows!! Today it is supposed to just be rainy and cold with wind gusts up to 50 mph later this afternoon. Over night it is supposed to start snowing. We could receive accumulations from 2-4 inches!!! I do believe it is time to put up the rakes and get out the shovels!

Tomorrow is my surgery and since we don’t know what it will involve, I don’t know when I’ll be back to talk with you again….hopefully soon!

Hope you enjoy the photos! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive