Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

AIN'T SHE (WE) SWEET

Next Monday, October 9th, the fun begins!

My best friend, Anne and her significant other, Mike, will be coming up to stay with us for 3 days!!!! We manage to get together about 2 times a year and always have a great time…well at least Anne and I do!

I can’t remember if I told you what some of our plans consist of or not. We both enjoy our wine (we don’t care if it is boxed or bottled!) and tend to get a bit silly at times. I suggested to her that this time when they come up we should have a competition to see which one of us can walk (at our age walking is sufficient) a 100 yard scurry with a glass of wine balanced on a badminton racquet. (I’m calling it a scurry because I just can’t see us dashing!) Whoever has the most wine left at the end of the scurry is the winner. We haven’t decided on a prize; it’ll probably be a refill of the glass. She doesn’t realize that we still have campers so I bet that she changes her mind about the 100 yard wino scurry.

Then one of the days that they are here, we plan on packing a picnic lunch (complete with wine and hubby and Mike) and going for a ride “out in da bush”. We want to show them some of the things that they wouldn’t ordinarily get to see, especially if we take the “back way” to Crisp Point.

They will be leaving the morning of the 12th, which works out because that is the day I have my shoulder surgery. At this point, we still don’t know if I’ll have to spend the night in the hospital or not because the Dr won’t know what the total situation is until he “gets in there”. A torn labrum won’t show up in an MRI. He said when he did the open mumford surgery 16 months ago that the labrum was “frayed” but not torn so he wouldn’t be surprised if it IS torn now. We also figure that there will be another bicep repair. With the previous surgery, I got pretty good at typing one handed, but it isn’t something that I enjoy doing!

The picture I have posted is my Kindergarten photo…for whatever reason they took a photo of just the girls and one of just the guys. Since most of you have never met me (or Anne for that matter!), I’ll tell you which one’s we are. Anne is in the bottom row, last little girl on the right hand side. I am in the second row, first little girl on the left hand side. Now that you’ve seen us, I’m sure you’d recognize us anywhere! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive