Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

NEXT STOP...SNOW DANCES!

Today marks the end of the so called summer rush…if this summer was a rush, I’d hate to be caught in a stampeding standstill. I’ve changed the message on our business answering machine because now that the “summer is over” I will be spending more time outside. SO if you do call to make a reservation and you get the answering machine I WILL call you back or you can reserve online 24/7 via our secure website at www.northcountrycampground.com. And while you are on our website, please don’t forget to visit VACATION VIBES AND REFLECTIVE VIEWS! We are getting quite a few good posts in the guest book about things to do in the area. This part of the website is for YOU, so please use it! You can bookmark it so you don’t have to go through our website to get to it!

We’ve got a LOT of tree trimming to do; not because of that storm we had in July, but because so many trees have overgrown their “boundaries” and need to be trimmed back so we can mow around them without loosing an eye..or a cap! This time of year we start getting ready for NEXT season. One thing I HAVE to do and I’m not looking forward to is to strip a large section of paint off the floor in the men’s room so I can repaint it. This paint looks like it crackled. I’ve never had that happen before. I thought maybe I could scrape it off with a putty knife, but that doesn’t work. Hopefully the paint stripper will work. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I HATE this kind of work!

This is also the time of year I start looking at my office and wondering how I can rearrange it to make it more efficient. What I am really noticing is how I have worn the carpet out under my chair on rollers! And here’s one for you…do you ever look at your keyboard and see how it is “wearing”?? Apparently I use the “N” key a LOT because it is so faded you can scarcely see the “N”! The next faded key is the “O”…which makes me thinks that I must spell the word NO often! The “T” and “H” are pretty faded too. after that I would say the “R” and the “E” are the next most faded…put it all together and it spells THRONE!! And, my keyboard needs a VERY good cleaning. You can tell where I rest the “butt” of my hands and the side of my thumbs!

Did you know that there is an item on E-Bay being put on by the Tahquamenon Area Education Foundation?? IT IS A TRIP TO THE TOP OF ONE OF THE TOWERS OF THE MACKINAC BRIDGE!!!

This is a once in a lifetime tour of the Mackinac Bridge, guided by the Bridge Authority, where you will have the opportunity to view the Straits of Mackinac from atop the bridge tower.
These tours are offered on a very limited basis, and this may be your only opportunity to take in this unique sight.

All proceeds from this auction will benefit the Tahquamenon Education Foundation.

There are a few basic requirements for this tour set by the Bridge Authority. These requirements can be obtained by contacting the seller.

Starting bid is $50.00 and there is a $500 reserve on it. I WASN’T GONNA SHARE THIS INFO WITH YOU BECAUSE SO FAR THERE ARE NO BIDS!! I was hoping to keep it to myself and get the last bid in on it, but with that $500 reserve, I don’t think I’ll be going. If I had to choose between taking a tour of one of the Mackinac Bridge towers and flying with the Blue Angels, it would be a tough choice….they are BOTH something I’ve always wanted to do. My friend, Anne (the downstate friend we’ve talked about) thinks I’m nuts and she isn’t surprised that no one has bid on it yet….”Who in their right mind would want to do that??”. I AM left handed so I am NOT in my right mind!

Well, if you are a lucky bidder, remember where you heard it from….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive