Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, September 11, 2006

DR. ROBERTS (another Beatles tune!)

It looks like I won’t have to make another trip to the Soo, at least not this month!

I had my appointment today with the Dr that did my shoulder surgery 16 months ago. There is a tear (he believes) in the labrum. He said when he did all the other repairs that the labrum had some fraying but he cleaned it up and thought it would hold, but apparently it didn’t. He is willing to coordinate HIS surgery with what the other Dr will be doing so in order to do that, a new date has to be picked, so my surgery for next Monday will be cancelled. When I left his office, they were currently working on trying to set it up for October 19th. That is our 21st wedding anniversary. We always try to do something different for our anniversary and ya can’t get much different than that! (Don’t knock it, one year for Dan’s birthday, I had my ovaries and appendix removed! Well, it just worked out the surgery was scheduled on his birthday). The Dr was so nonchalant about this; that it would be an arthroscopic procedure and he could do his thing as soon as she got done taking those things off the top and back of my shoulder, blah, blah, etc etc. So, I didn’t really ask any questions because I was relieved that he didn’t seem to think I had undone all he had put back together before! As I said, I don’t want to go through that ever again! I figured this would be a piece of cake; a couple little holes and that would be it.

THEN, I started looking it up online and I don’t like what I’m reading. It appears I will be in a sling again for maybe 6 weeks, could possibly have to have screws to make the repair, lots of ice involved, maybe have to spend the night in the hospital, it could take up to 6 months to “get back to normal”. I’ll be making a phone call Tuesday to find out if POSSIBLY (PLEASE???!!) I’m barking up the wrong tree!

We’re starting to see a little more fall color but not much yet. It was 34° again this morning but the day was beautiful! I LOVE this time of year (except for the hives!!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive