Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A DAY IN THE LIFE

(For those of you who aren't Beatles fans or remember 60's music, sometimes the titles of my posts won't mean much!)

We’re hearing “good things” about the price of gas…every where else except Newberry. Maybe by the end of the week, Newberry stations will have caught up with the rest of the world. I guess we shouldn’t complain too much about it because for the past couple of months the stations in Newberry have been less than stations in the Soo…go figure.

I have to make 3 trips that I know of to the Soo this month. It used to be if we went 3 times a year that was as much as necessary. But, when you have Drs to see, ya go where they are unless you want to wait till they come to Newberry. Today, the 5th, I go for a pre-op visit for a “minor” surgery that I am to have on 9/18. I put “minor” in quotations because there is a SLIGHT possibility it could turn out to be something more than expected. Those of you that have been with me through thick and thin know that about 18 months ago, I had major surgery on my left shoulder and then had PT for several months later before finally having to have a manipulation done on that same shoulder LAST September. Any way, along the scar which runs from the front to back of my shoulder (over the top) there are large, ugly, angry red bumps. Originally the “bone Dr” thought these were keloids and would go away. Now they are big enough to qualify for a training bra. They itch sometimes, they are uncomfortable when you forget they ARE there and DO scratch them, and they get caught on things…like pillows. And believe me THAT wakes me right up. The goal is to make a long, oval incision and hopefully “lift the skin and the bumps” right off, then suture (or maybe glue??) me back up. The bumps will be sent in for pathology. I get the weirdest darn things to go wrong with me!

Then on the 11th I go back to the Soo to see the “bone Dr” because there is something wrong with this same shoulder and it is getting very painful. I WOULD RATHER BE PUT IN A ROOM FULL OF SPIDERS FOR A WEEK THAN TO GO THROUGH THAT SURGERY AGAIN. Anyone who has had the “open mumford procedure” most likely will agree that it is not pleasant. (And for those of you just tuning in, I had two screws put in my completely torn rotator cuff, a torn bicep repair, torn tendons and cartilage, 3 bone spurs removed and a small blood clot) I’m hoping this is something that a shot of cortisone will take care of. I have been doing PT at home for the past 16 months to make sure I don’t loose range of motion, but even that is getting so it hurts. WISH ME LUCK WITH THIS APPOINTMENT! This past February I had the right shoulder done and he was able to do it by arthroscopic. I didn’t want it to get as bad as the other one so we took care of it before it did.

While I’m in the Soo, I’m picking up a “battery back up” (Uninterrupted Power Supply or UPS for short, which doesn’t stand for the men/women in the little brown truck and brown uniform). Newberry Water and Light has been having low voltage issues again (for whatever reason) which in turn affects our router and our Wild Blue modem. I can plug the modem into the BIG UPS that I have (which two computers are hooked up to as well), but I can’t plug the router in due to its location….and you wonder why I look at my office and try to figure out how to make it more efficient. Think about all the things that we have that require a “steady stream” of electricity. By steady stream, I mean something at stays between 120-125 volts. My main UPS goes on alarm when the voltage gets down to 105 volts. I think the router must get screwed up prior to it even dropping to 105 volts. Newberry Water and Light HAD put in a new sub-station about 3 years ago and this is one of those long, drawn out stories too, but you’d think that a consistent supply of 120-125 volts should be possible! I realize if the power goes out, there isn’t much that can be done, but given normal circumstances ya can’t afford to live in this area with electrically sensitive equipment unless you are prepared with all kinds of surge protectors and UPS’s! Yep, that means another set if wires!! But at least THESE wires will be in the closet and out of sight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive