Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, September 15, 2006

THE AROMA OF CHRISTMAS!

Dan and I are still working on getting uprooted trees taken care of. This big cherry tree and HUGE white pine are the last of the downed trees in the front of our property. There are still plenty of trees in the woods to take care of. We will be splitting wood from now till next summer! This morning, we will be hauling out the brush from the white pine tree and most likely will be covered with pine tar/sap. That is the one big draw back of working with pine trees. The plus is that you smell like Christmas!

And it looks like I’ll be mowing the campground one more time before long. Ya can tell fall is basically here; there are a lot of fall (weeds) flowers, fall grass and different shades of green in the grass. Some spots need mowing, while others do not. When the weather is like this, we both enjoy working outside…although I DID put on my long un-a-wears this a.m! It is 42° and I have hives! It is supposed to get up to 70 so I’m sure I’ll be in to change into lighter clothing later! What a pain!

My two surgeon Drs could not reach an agreement on a date that they could each be present to do his and her thing to my shoulder. So, I’m scheduled to have my shoulder surgery (called a bankhart repair) done on October 12th. I don’t know when the other Dr will want to do her thing. I guess she wants to see if I develop any more “bumps” from the bankhart surgery. He also thinks that my bicep repair did not stay so will have to have that done again. THAT was a terrible recovery too. I just hope with all my little heart that when he “gets in there” he doesn’t discover that my rotator cuff has torn again. I want to get this done and be well on the mend so we can go down and spend some time with Christy and Gene (and the rest of the family too, but with all they are going thru’, visiting them is our main purpose in going downstate).

Well, I hear the loader running so that must be my cue to get out there and help with the wood and brush!

Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive