Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

PEEK-A-WA-WA

You’ve possibly heard of Peekapoo’s…Pekinese dogs crossed with a poodle. Last night, we had a guest check in who has a Labradoodle (Lab crossed with w Poodle) and a Peek-a-wa-wa (Pekinese crossed with a Chihuahua). I don’t know how to correctly spell that breed, but that is the way I am spelling it so you can pronounce it! The lady informed me that Australia recognizes the Labradoodle breed and it appears that groups are trying to get it recognized by the AKC so the breed can compete in AKC dog shows. The motivation behind the breeding is so you can have a dog with intelligence and is gentle (the Lab side) and doesn’t shed (the Poodle side) and DOESN’T NEED GROOMING!! Not too many Poodle owners can get away with not grooming, but with a Labradoodle you can!

Now about the Peek-a-wa-wa…I think that was a freak of nature because it is a pretty ugly looking dog. It is a yappy little thing and has a face only a mother could love…well the rest of its anatomy falls into that category too. But it appears to be good companionship for the old gal and the Labradoodle seems to togerate it pretty well, but what a trio these three make!

I HAVE THE GUESTBOOK IN PLACE AND JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO ADD YOUR TWO CENTS WORTH!!! If you would please go to www.northcountrycampground.com to access it and sign it, I would appreciate it. You will find the link to it on the first page of our website, right under the link to Yooper Yarns. I am hoping that people who have traveled in the Eastern U.P. will share their traveling adventures with others by utilizing the guest book. If you’ve been fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, sight-seeing, anything that you have done (that is legal!!) in the Eastern U.P., please share it with others! It might help others know the best places to go to fish, hunt, snowmobile, eat, the MUST SEE things etc. We also hope that visitors to our website or guests who have stayed with us will use the guestbook to post comments too. The guest book is called VACATION VIBES AND REFLECTIVE VIEWS. I’ve put it there for YOU, so please use it and help others with your experiences!

2 comments:

  1. My late poodle had a thing about a male cat ... (the female cats knew what he was up to, & wouldn't co-opperate) ... I was wondering what an offspring might be ... a "Kittie-Poo or a Pootie".

    ReplyDelete
  2. loisontheweb, What is it about dogs and cats??!! We had a male shephard that had the same issues! I love the names you came up with though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive