Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, August 11, 2006

NUTTIN' MUCH

39° this morning!!!! What wonderful sleeping weather! When I get up in the a.m. there is a fog hanging low above the field which is across the road from us. Yesterday morning, there were 6 Canadian geese that landed out by the cabins. While it is always nice to see them, I hope they don’t stay…they make too much of a mess! They were so noisy that the cabin guests were awakened by them.

We aren't seeing any bluebirds and we aren't seeing any robins either. We HAVE already seen a caterpillar! Maybe it will be an early fall!!! I've heard that it is supposed to be a mild winter, but those Wizards can't predict one day to the next so I don't know how they can predict that. I don't mind if the temps are "mild" (20's) but that doesn't have to mean lack of snow!!!

And speaking of snow.....

I’m getting ready to send out Tahquamenon Area Snowmobile Association dues reminders to our commercial members. I’m hoping that our family and individual members will go to www.tasatrails.com and print off membership forms and mail dues in. We need your support more than ever this year. Things are “tough” all over!

Dan, my hubby, will do just about anything for me. He’s one of the exceptional guys. He isn’t fond of doing dishes, but if it’ll keep him out of the office, he’ll do them. He isn’t crazy about making the bed either, but if he wants to keep his share of the bedding, he helps. He has even helped me frost my hair. AND he even runs the sweeper!

As I’ve said before, Nick the Husky is in the prime of his shedding season. Any place that dog lies down, there is hair. Most of the time our home looks like a chalk outline at a murder scene from where he has lain. Ya just can’t keep up with the sweeping. Well, I suppose you could if you wanted to do it every day, morning and night.

I’d been out mowing this morning and when I got back in Dan had run the vacuum! It’s one of those canister types with the “little tornado” going on inside of it….does a great job! A little red light comes on when the thing needs to be dumped or the filter needs to be cleaned, which is quite often during this time of year.

Anyway, Dan had swept the whole house and it looked really good! He said “I know now why you don’t like that sweeper.” I said “I DO like that sweeper! What makes you think I don’t?” Dan replied, “That damn short handle! That thing is a back breaker!” I couldn’t figure out what he was talking about then it dawned on me! You CAN “shorten” the length of the handle for storage…which was the position it was in when he started sweeping. Actually it was the position he started in and finished in. No WONDER he didn’t like that damn short handle! I said “For a man who can run any piece of heavy equipment, ya seem to have a problem with domestic chores!” I don’t want to say TOO much; chances are he wouldn’t sweep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive