Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

HOT DOG!!

(I TRIED POSTING THIS TWO DAYS AGO, BUT THE ISP WAS HAVING ISSUES. SINCE THAT TIME, WE HAVE COOLED OFF A LOT!!! WE'RE AT 51 THIS A.M. AND ONLY EXPECTED TO GET UP TO UPPER 70'S!!)

DANG has it been HOT!!!! This is ridiculous!! I fear that one day the earth is just gonna spontaneously combust! THAT will be the Big Bang. I am really looking forward to winter…and praying there will BE a winter! And it is still so dry. We do have an 80% chance of thunderstorms tonight (makes me nervous…hopefully no wind!!) but by the time tonight rolls around those chances will probably be back down to 7 ½% chance of rain.

I’ve been thinking about the horses on Mackinac Island and wonder if they shorten their shifts when it is this hot…does anyone know???

Even our dogs are hot!!! They too have been enjoying the a/c!

Shelly, a friend of mine, and I went to Marquette yesterday. As we’re getting into Shingleton on M-28, Shell and I noticed this “lump” laying along side the road on the other side; not completely off the pavement, cars going past it. IT WAS A HUGE DUFFLE BAG AND A MAN LAYING ALONGSIDE WITH HIS HEAD RESTING ON IT!! He was lying on his side, like he’d lain down to take a nap; the rest of him was in the gravel! He wasn’t there when we came back so I don’t know what was up! If he was dead, drunk, dead drunk, drugged out or passed out from heat!! It’s not like we were gonna stop and go poke him with a stick.

I’m thinking maybe it has been a blessing in disguise that things were slow again this summer. I don’t know how much more “smiling and being polite” for some of the public I can take. Maybe I’m getting too old for this job?? I’ve been in the “meet and great” business or customer service business for all of my working life. Sometimes you just want to look at a person and say unpolite, unprofessional things…but ya don’t. Ya bite your tongue (My dentist appointment is coming up soon. I should be fitted with a tongue guard before next season). For example; a guest who assured me they’d camped all of their lives decided they wanted a site with CATV hook up (cable tv HOOK UP). They got all situated on their site. Within about 10 minutes, they were back in the office wanting to know WHERE THE TV WAS!!?? HELLO??? ISN’T IT IN YOUR RV??? They didn’t even HAVE a TV! Or the family of 6 that arrived the other day wanting to know what our tent rates are. I said “The tent sites, with no hook ups, are $16.00 per night based on up to 4 persons.” Before I could finish my sentence, she looked at me and screamed “You mean our 2 kids can’t stay? You can only allow 4 people?” I said “If you will allow me to finish, please; each additional person is an extra $2.00.” She replied, “OH!! That must be why other campgrounds ask us how many people we have!”

And one of my biggest pet peeves is people who do not read signs; or maybe they DO read but just don’t care. The bathhouse and laundry is SUPPOSED to be smoke free. There are appropriate signs conspicuously placed. I swear, next season I’m gonna have signs made up for all the bathroom stalls that state “We know you know this is a smoke free environment. IF we see smoke coming from this stall, we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action to put out the fire.”

I know this probably sounds picky, but there have been many others that would take WAY too long to go into. The Little Old Lady I wrote about the other day REALLY does make up for these other ones and any bad days! And so do the guests who stop by on their way out and tell us what a wonderful time they had. It always makes us feel good to know our guests DID enjoy their stay!

Well, I’m gonna go look for pictures of SNOW!!! Catch ya later!!! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive