Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, August 28, 2006

CRISP MORNINGS AND HOT COFFEE

Fall is undeniably in the air! I’ve been outside, sitting on the deck, drinking my first cup of coffee and admiring the stars. Yes, it is cold, yes it is damp and yes I have hives on my hiney! But it is worth it for a short burst of time! Next time I’ll sit on a blanket! I SHOULD know better, but this is my favorite time of year…from here till the leaves are off the trees.

In the summer months, when things are busier, I can’t sit out on the deck with my morning cup of coffee…at least not until after the office is open and by then it is daylight. If a guest sees me sitting out there, enjoying my time before the day really begins, they think I am available for business. Now, I know that doesn’t sound quite right, but ya know what I mean. Sometimes living where you work does have disadvantages.

I love sitting out in the crisp, morning air admiring the sky and the stars and wondering how I’m ever going to get use to NOT thinking of Pluto as a planet. This is from the New York Times;

(Written by Dennis Overbye) After years of wrangling and a week of bitter debate, astronomers voted on a sweeping reclassification of the solar system. In what many of them described as a triumph of science over sentiment, Pluto was demoted to the status of a “dwarf planet.”
In the new solar system, there are eight planets, at least three dwarf planets and tens of thousands of so-called “smaller solar system bodies,” like comets and asteroids.
For now, the dwarf planets include, besides Pluto, Ceres, the largest asteroid, and an object known as UB 313, nicknamed Xena, that is larger than Pluto and, like it, orbits out beyond Neptune in a zone of icy debris known as the Kuiper Belt. But there are dozens more potential dwarf-planets known in that zone, planetary scientists say, and the number in that category could quickly swell.
In a nod to Pluto’s fans, the astronomers declared that Pluto to be the prototype for a new category of such “trans-Neptunian” objects but failed in a close vote to approve the name Plutonians for them.

Would you believe there is already at least ONE t-shirt showing support for Pluto??

IT is hard to believe the Labor Day weekend is upon us. Summer has gone much to quickly. It won’t be long till the fashion conscious will be putting away their white’s for the fall denims and cords. People will be raking leaves, or I guess, people tend to use leaf blowers now. I just don’t grasp the whole idea behind a leaf blower. The commercials I’ve seen on TV would NOT persuade me to go purchase a vacuum sweeper that runs in reverse just to relocate dead leaves from one portion of the yard to a different portion of the yard…and it more often than not appears to be RIGHT BY the neighbor’s fence. Is THAT where you set them ablaze (if you live in an area that you can burn leaves)? Or is THAT where you encourage the kids to jump in the leaves??

Well, it is time to top off this mug of coffee and get on with the tasks at hand!

Don’t forget to check out the fall color report which can be found on our website at http://www.northcountrycampground.com/. I will have a new update on this week and hopefully a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive