Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, July 28, 2006

SLOW START TO THE DAY...

I’m always up bright and early. It is how I get things done before we open for business. Actually, I’m up bright and early even when we are closed for 6 weeks; it is just my nature. I can’t handle it to be disorganized; even my spices are in alpha order. So getting up, tending to the dogs, making my coffee then sitting down to the computer to answer emails is how my days start.

I knew it was getting time to renew my Norton Internet Security and Virus protection and yep! There it was this a.m…before I even had a chance to check email. A notice that it was time! “Do you want to take care of this now? Yes (recommended) No (remind me later)”. I checked yes. This then takes you to their internet site where you have 3 choices of what you want; the SUPER DOOPER DELUX???? THE NOT SO SUPER DOOPER???? Or THE UPGRADE TO NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2006?? Each one varies in price by $10-$20. I decided to stick with what I’ve been using and just upgrade. That took me to the next page. GUESS WHAT?? YOU CAN UPGRADE THIS UPGRADE TO THE NOT SO SUPER DOOPER NAV FOR ONLY $5.00 MORE!!! (The previous page, had I chosen it, would have cost me $10.00 more). So what the heck, lets upgrade to more spy ware features (and whatever else was in that ball of wax that I didn’t already have). OK, that choice is made. Are we ready to start yet? I’ve already got 10 minutes invested in to getting to this point. OK brings up another page. For another $5.99 you can have this feature!!! I don’t remember what it is called but basically what it boils down to is for the next year, if something goes wrong with my existing computer and I need to get a new one, they will have all my NAV and Internet Security on file so all I’d have to do is enter my password and download to my new system!! What the heck; might as well. 4 more minutes have passed and I haven’t even checked email yet! I haven’t done a check out report yet!!

Now we’re at the page where you enter all your personal information; “Yes we have it on file, but we want to update our records. Please fill in the info in all of the boxes that have an *” Heck that IS all of the boxes! PLUS, now I have to enter a password so there is one more password to remember! (I think the next program I invest in will be that one that keeps your passwords straight and secure) 20 minutes have now passed.

I finally get to the page to start the download, which that takes about another 20 minutes even at 100Mbps. After that downloaded there were several more steps, one of which was a complete scan. By the time this was ALL done, I probably had 2 hours invested into this download! AND I WAS FEELING DISORGANIZED!!! And I could have been out mowing!

So, if any of you have renewals coming up, be forwarned! BTW, you will have to delete some spy ware programs if you choose this version of Norton; they don’t play well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive