Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

RED FRIDAYS

(The following was emailed to me; I have no idea how true it is or isn't, but thought I'd pass it along)

Last week I was in Atlanta, Georgia attending a conference.
While I was in the airport, returning home, I heard several
people behind me beginning to clap and cheer. I immediately
turned around and witnessed one of the greatest act's of
patriotism I have ever seen.

Moving thru the terminal was a group of soldiers in their
camo's, as they began heading to their gate everyone (well
almost everyone) was abruptly to their feet with their hands
waving and cheering. When I saw the soldiers, probably 30-40 of
them, being applauded and cheered for it hit me. I'm not alone.
I'm not the only red blooded American who still loves this
country and supports our troops and their families.

Of course I immediately stopped and began clapping for these
young unsung heroes who are putting their lives on the line
everyday for us so we can go to school, work and home without
fear or reprisal. Just when I thought I could not be more proud
of my country or of our service men and women a young girl, not
more than 6 or 7 years old, ran up to one of the male soldiers.
He kneeled down and said "hi," the little girl then
she asked him if he would give something to her daddy
for her. The young soldier, he didn't look any older
than maybe 22 himself, said he would try and what did
she want to give to her daddy. Then suddenly the
little girl grabbed the neck of this soldier, gave him
the biggest hug she could muster and then kissed him
on the cheek.

The mother of the little girl, who said her daughters name was
Courtney, told the young soldier that her husband was a Marine
and had been in Iraq for 11 months now. As the mom was
explaining how much her daughter, Courtney, missed her father,
the young soldier began to tear up. When this temporarily
single mom was done explaining her situation, all of the
soldiers huddled together for a brief second. Then one
of the other servicemen pulled out a military looking
walkie-talkie. They started playing with the device
and talking back and forth on it.

After about 10-15 seconds of this, the young soldier walked
back over to Courtney, bent down and said this to her, "I spoke
to your daddy and he told me to give this to you." He then
hugged this little girl that he had just met and gave her a
kiss on the cheek. He finished by saying "your daddy told me to
tell you that he loves you more than anything and he is coming
home very soon."

The mom at this point was crying almost uncontrollably and as
the young soldier stood to his feet he saluted Courtney and her
mom. I was standing no more than 6 feet away from this entire
event unfolded. As the soldiers began to leave, heading towards
their gate, people resumed their applause. As I stood there
applauding and looked around, their were very few dry
eyes, including my own. That young soldier in one last
act of selflessness, turned around and blew a kiss to
Courtney with a tear rolling down his cheek.

We need to remember everyday all of our soldiers and their
families and thank God for them and their sacrifices. At the
end of the day, it's good to be an American.

Red Friday
Just keeping you "in the loop" so you'll know what's going on
in case this takes off.

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people
wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our
troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no
longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and
home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized,
boisterous or over-bearing. We get no liberal media coverage on
TV, to reflect our message or our opinions.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want
to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our
troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our
troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday
-and continues each and every Friday until the troops
all come home, sending a deafening message that..
Every red-blooded American who supports our men and
women afar will wear something red.
By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on
every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game
in the bleachers.

If every one of us who loves this country will share this with
acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be
long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our
troops know the once "silent" majority is on their
side more than ever, certainly more than the media
lets on.
The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to
make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your
prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive