Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

NUTTIN MUCH!

I’ve gotta tell you about one of our campers. This little old lady is SO damn cute! She’s about the size of a 10 year old and wrinkled as a prune, but sharp as a tack and outspoken as hell. I’ve had a delightful time (the only word that comes to mind after spending 20 minutes with her) talking and listening to her. Her voice is about the same size as she is. It was so hard to believe that she said some of the things she did, I guess just because of her size! For example; the gal that drowned her 5 kids in the tub??? “That bitch that drowned those kids is going to a nut house?? What the hell kind of justice is that?? They should just drown her sorry ass!” IMAGINE TINKER BELL SAYING THAT! OH, and she had these HUGE eyeglasses on which didn’t do anything for her except make her appear like she would tip forward from the weight of them. I could have listened to her talk all day. She makes up for the ones that GMG (Grind My Gears).

Well if that “little” Norton upgrade yesterday morning wasn’t enough, I had a warning box this a.m. when I turned on my computer. I usually don’t shut it down at night, but we had storm warnings again last night so I shut down and unplugged a LOT of things. (I’m going to be pretty gun shy about storm warnings for a LONG time) You would think as many times that I had to restart my computer from that upgrade that there couldn’t possibly be any more glitches or warnings, but there it was. In an endearing little box that said “Norton AntiVirus 2006 does not support the repair feature..please uninstall and reinstall.” UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL WHAT???? There was another box underneath this box but I couldn’t get to that box without closing THIS box. As soon as I closed THIS box, the other box disappeared. I went to Symantec’s website to try to find an answer, which led to emailing them, which led to a page that said “You will hear from us in 72 hours. If you haven’t then that means we didn’t get your email. Please try again”.

OK, well that 72 hours couldn’t possibly include weekends so I figured it’d be next week sometime. I ACTUALLY HAD A RESPONSE FROM THEM WITHIN ABOUT 30 MINUTES!!! After I recovered sufficiently from the shock of getting a response, I then followed their directions which took me to another web page on their site. Once there, I needed to do this, that and the other. I went through all the hoops, I mean steps, and it didn’t resolve anything. So then I got a page that says I should run their Symantec Automated support, which I did. And that comes back with “I don’t know why you are harassing me! There isn’t any issue that I can find!!”. I’ve sent all this info back to Symantec Technical support and this time, I haven’t heard a peep from them. Hmmmm…maybe they are only good for one email every 72 hours per case???

Actually, I DID hear back, and this is a portion of the email that I received;

Start Windows Explorer.
- Click Tools > Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click Yes if you see a warning dialog box.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.

THIS PART I GET! IT IS THE FOLLOWING THAT HAS ME HYPERVENTILATING!!!

To create tgctlsi.dll and tgctlsr.dll files:
1. In Windows Explorer, go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared folder.
2. Right-click on a blank area on the Right Hand pane and Select New Text Document, this is inside New.
3. Rename the file created to tgctlsi.dll.
4. Repeat step 2.
5. Rename the file created to tgctlsr.dll
6. Close Windows Explorer and check for the issue.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Symantec Authorized Technical Support

I’m adventuresome on certain things. Going to places that I don’t want to even know exist within my computer and creating files that have acronyms and initials longer than a string…THAT worries me.

If you don't hear from me for a while, will ya come looking for me??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive