Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, July 21, 2006

NUTTIN MUCH

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but things have been hectic what with the clean up. Poor Dan has really been putting in some long, HARD hours hauling in fill dirt, leveling it off, etc. I think this a.m. we'll be ready to seed 3 of the 5 sites we can't use. We ended up buying 100 pounds of grass seed. There is so much damage.

I had to share this with ya. Someone please tell me what ever happened to just getting plain old toys for a 6 year olds birthday:


6-Year-Old Dies After Rolling ATV
Boy Found Pinned, Not Breathing
CLARK COUNTY, Wash. -- A boy who got an ATV for his 6th birthday died Wednesday after crashing the vehicle.
It happened about 5:45 p.m. on Northeast 379th Street.
The parents told Clark County investigators that their son received the ATV last month. He was outside Wednesday without their knowledge and riding the vehicle on the family's property.The ATV apparently rolled, pinning him underneath. He was still under the machine and not breathing when his parents found him.
They pulled off the ATV and started CPR. Emergency crews also tried CPR, but the child was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officials say the incident is under investigation but appears to be an accident death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive