Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

STILL MISSING....

I looked for my sense of humor yesterday; I looked every place I could think of. All I came up with was an old sock and an eight track tape. I thought maybe I would find it when I had to get into my winter clothing I’d put away. Some one had a weird sense of humor yesterday; it was 33° in the morning and it didn’t get very warm during the day. THAT is why I had to dig out my long underwear! I wasn’t going to be on the mower, in that strong, cold wind in summer clothing! I am so glad I put heavy clothing on because it WAS cold out there in the pine trees! No, I’m not a wuss about the cold, but I DO get hives and I get them ALL over if I’m not careful when it is even slightly cool. As it was, I ended up with hives on my hiney, my wrists and the bottom of my feet.

We hadn’t yet installed the two window A/C’s for our home and office during that warm spell in May. We finally got them installed after it had been in the upper 80’s and haven’t needed them since! It never fails, ya know. It isn’t looking to be extremely warm any time soon, but the day time temps are to be more seasonable for next week. I’ve even had to put Chewy’s sweater back on her and Nick isn’t shedding as much as normal. I’m sure I’ll pay for that later.

Dan is almost done with his PT at the hospital and will still continue to do it on his own at home. He is starting work at 41 Lumber the 26th, so this could be an interesting “summer” for us. He will be working full time there (which means he most likely won’t be grooming snowmobile trails this winter) in the yard and driving truck. We aren’t sure about the truck driving part yet because it WAS his left knee that was replaced and the trucks are sticks, so it may be a while before he’s sent on deliveries alone. The reason I say it could be an interesting summer is that if tourism EVER picks up and gets back to normal, it’ll be difficult for ME to keep up. I’ll have to run the office, continue to keep up with the mowing, clean the bathhouse, clean the cabins and do all the other stuff that has to be done to keep a campground and lodging going and keep the guests happy. It is difficult for me to be out of the office because if you miss one phone call, that could have been an opportunity to rent a cabin or a campsite. We’ve done it before, so I guess we can do ‘er again! Just keep that in mind if you call and you get the recording; PLEASE leave a message and I will call back ASAP.

And speaking of tourism, don’t forget to check out the events page on the Chamber website at www.newberrychamber.net. I’ve spent a LOT of time updating that page and there are a lot of new events on it that hadn’t been there before. You can also find it at www.newberrytourism.com. Since Newberry IS in the heart of it all and centrally located to the Eastern U.P. attractions, I’ve included a LOT of events that take place in other areas; you could stay in or around Newberry and still get to these other events! If you know of any events that I have missed that you think should be included, please email me at cclementz@lighthouse.net. I’ll be happy to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive