Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

SPEED BUMPS ON MY SHOULDER

Some of you know that I had to go to the Soo on Thursday to see a new surgeon. Well, the surgeon isn’t new, but NEW to ME. It seems I still have minor complications from my “complicated” shoulder surgery a year ago April. What we thought were keloid scar tissue turns out to NOT be that. I can’t remember what the fancy medical term is for these big bumps on my shoulder scar, but what she wrote for the diagnosis for BC is “painful scarring caused by foreign bodies due to open mumford surgery.” She feels they were brought on by the type of suture used on the inside of my shoulder. So, in October, I’ll go in for about a 45 minute operation to remove that section of skin, along with the bumps (there are 5 of them, 3 are a bit larger than a pencil eraser). She will send the bumps into pathology to check them because this “thing” can lead to cancer, but it is VERY, VERY RARE that it happens. Ya go in to have a couple of bone spurs removed, your rotator cuff screwed back together, a bicep repair, tendons and cartilage repaired and you can end up with all kinds of problems. She also assured me that the tingling and numb sensation that I experience with that arm at certain times is nothing to be alarmed about and that with all the nerves that had to be cut through that this is just something I’ll have to live with. NO WONDER I HAVE SO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THAT MOWER! HA!! (Actually, Dan has been having trouble with it too, so I don’t feel quite so bad!) And no wonder I can't play the slide trombone!

I looked for the guy with the hard hat sun bonnet at the work areas on M-28 but I didn't see him. I even took my camera in case I could get a picture for ya. At least they are almost finished with that section of M-28. I don't know if they are starting more over this way or not. They TOO are doing shoulder work as well as laying new pavement. Between the combination of that smell and a dead skunk that looked like road pizza, it was pretty nasty for about a mile stretch!

Those storms danced all around us again last night and we never saw even so much as a sprinkle. I guess we can be grateful that the temps are mild. The rivers and ponds are really down…and so is our sewage lagoon! At this rate, we may have to pay to have water trucked into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive