Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, June 24, 2006

SNOWBLOWERS IN JUNE???

I haven't got much to share with you today, mainly because I'm icing my shoulder. The mower lever is still a BIG problem and I've got to stop trying so hard with it. IT doesn't pay off in the long run. It feels like I've ripped everything apart in there.

Anyway, I thought you'd find this humorous!

SAULT STE. MARIE - In an unusual twist, Sault Police were called to the 2200 block of Riverside Drive Wednesday - the day of the Summer Solstice - to investigate a snow-blowing complaint.

The part-time resident said her neighbor had been blowing snow on her property, but she did not realize it since she was wintering in a warmer region. She also claimed the blown snow had caused unspecified damage to her property.

The neighbor denied blowing his snow on the property, but did admit to plowing the woman's driveway and mowing her lawn while helping her out in the past. It appears as though these good deeds may come to an end.

Police took no formal action regarding this complaint, instructing the woman to call them next winter, or have a caretaker do so, in the event that additional snow-blowing occurs.


(as an extra bonus about snowblowers; when my daughter was about 5 years old and had started school, she rode the bus to school She came home one day and wanted to tell me a joke she had heard on the bus. Jody was so excited to be able to tell a joke and she couldn't wait to spit it out. My sweet, little girl said "Do you know why the snowman dropped his pants?" Of course, I said "No." Jody replied "He heard the snowblowers were coming to town!". Of course she didn't have a CLUE as to what the joke was about, but she thought it was funny and was so pleased with herself to be able to tell it. Of course, I told her not to tell Grandma or Grandpa...so what was the first thing she did when she saw them that afternoon?? You guessed it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive