Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

POW WOW PHOTOS

1st photo; Fancy Shawl Dancer
2nd photo: Hoop Dancer
3rd. photo: Sneak Up Dance
4th photo: Jingle Dancers Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Sheri McPherson6:48 AM

    Cathy, we enjoy your sight very much and especially like the various things you talk about. The photos are wonderful. did you take them? we have gone a few powwows. We've stayed with you before...didn't you use to have teepees in the campground. Do you know where i can find a powow lsiting for michigna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri!

    No, these are not photos that I have taken. The last time I was to a pow-wow was before having a digital camera. I found these online.

    Yes, we use to have two tipi's. We had a wolf scene painted on one and I believe an eagle on the other (along with various decorative colorations and symbols). They didn't "go over" as well as we had hoped so ended up selling them to a campground downstate.

    If you do a search for pow wows in Michigan, you should come up with something. There are some pow wow events listed on the Chamber events calendar. You didn't say where you are from, but I know there are several pow wows through out Michigan in the summer. There is a very good one in Grand Rapids we use to go to...seems like it was in late August, but I'm not sure.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive