Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

FERRIS WHEEL OF DEATH!

My daughter called me Friday and asked me if I could go online to check the weather report for Cedar Point (she only has internet access at work and she was calling from home). She and a friend were planning on going this weekend but had heard the weather was iffy. I THOUGHT SHE CALLED TO RUB IT IN!!! The last time she was to Cedar Point was about 6 years ago when she and I was able to go together, so I guess it is time for her to go…it is PAST time actually! She’s only 165 miles from Cedar Point; I'm 481.

I wanted to share this photo with you so you could see how frantic a person can be for high quality thrills and chills! Heck, I’m at the point that I could just about settle for getting in the loader bucket, adding a few balloons to make it look festive and have Dan raise the bucket up and down quickly several times!

JODY, IF YOU GO, HAVE A GREAT TIME AND KNOW YOUR MOM IS EXTREMELY JEALOUS!!!



As I have said, campers can be quite entertaining. You remember a week or so back I told you about the two girls trying to fill up their water jug at the frost free hydrant, right? Here’s another….

Yesterday, a man drove in with his travel trailer and asked if he could fill up his holding tank with fresh water. He was going to be camping “in the boonies” and hadn’t wanted to carry the extra weight of 50 gallons of water in the trailer with gas prices what they are.

I told him he could either fill up at the frost free hydrant by the barn or hook his hose up to one of the water lines in the campground. He opted to use the hydrant by the barn.

I watched as he backed his rig up by the hydrant and hook his hose up to the hydrant. I figured he was all set so I went back to the office.

About 15 minutes later, he was STILL filling that 50 gallon tank. I couldn’t figure out WHAT could be taking so long since the water pressure is tremendous. I walked out to see how things were going…and then I SAW WHAT WAS TAKING SO LONG. He was treating the frost free hydrant as if it were a pitcher pump! He’d lift the handle all the way up, then immediately put it back down…so the water was ON, off, ON, off, ON, off.

I walked over to enlighten him that all he had to do was pull it up and leave it up. He told me he was about ready to pass out from exertion and now he didn’t know if he’d be able to cast his fishing line out after this work out! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive