Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

ATV INFO

I haven't been posting links or stories about ATV/ORV deaths because there are just so many of them and I don't want my site to be about just that. I am trying to get on board with the ATV tourism end of things, but I guess MY big "contribution" will be to help try to educate people about safety, using common sense and courtesy.

There are so many links to stories that I would like to share with you but because the links are SO long, I can't publish them here (or my sidebar disappears). I would rather publish the links and let YOU choose if you want to go to the story, but this story I am publishing is a sad reminder to parents to LOOK OUT FOR YOUR KIDS!!!

Father pleads guilty in son's ATV death
June 9, 2006
KEENE, N.H. --A father pleaded guilty to reckless conduct in the death of his six-year-old son, who was hit by two cars while crossing a busy road on an all-terrain vehicle last fall.

A sentencing date hasn't been set for Jarrad Morgan, 29, of Keene, who was riding another ATV. Reckless conduct carries a maximum one-year jail sentence. Cheshire County Attorney William Albrecht said he plans to ask a judge to extend the usual one-year maximum sentence for the reckless conduct plea. He is recommending Morgan spend one to three years in prison.
Albrecht told the court that safety officers twice warned Morgan about the dangers of crossing Route 12 on an ATV. State law forbids children younger than 12 from crossing roads while on ATVs.

(In the original story, the father had ENCOURAGED this 6 year old boy to cross the road!)

Herre is a link to a different story;
Teen dies when ATV runs head-on into semi
http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=197869

I"m going to go out looking for my sense of humor today and see if I can't get some lightness and wit back into this whole Yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive