Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, May 15, 2006

YOOPER CHATTER

I have received quite a few emails from trail report readers wanting to know how Dan is doing since his “bionic knee” replacement last month. He is doing VERY well. In fact, John, the PT told me he’d like to clone Dan. I told John, I’d like to tape his mouth shut…one of Dan is enough. It was John’s way of letting Dan and me know that he is impressed with how well Dan IS doing in therapy and he is a good example to others. John is the same therapist that I had last year for my “bionic shoulder” and he is a very good motivator. Newberry is lucky to have him and their head therapist Pam Brown. Let me rephrase that…she is the CHIEF or the MAIN therapist…I didn’t mean she did HEAD therapy!

The Blue Cross and hospital statements are now starting to come in from Dan’s surgery. I have some questions. Dan’s surgery took about the same amount of time as mine did. His anesthesia was $1450, and mine was $1115 (our surgeries were exactly one year apart). Prior to going to surgery I had a block which was an injection in the side of the neck. The purpose of the block was so when I woke up I wouldn’t have any pain and would be able to go home that same afternoon. The block was an additional $850. When they slapped me silly to wake me up in recovery the first thing they said was “How do you feel?” That is when we discovered the block did NOT work…how do you THINK I FELT??? It is hard to moan that loud let alone try to talk when you are so darn groggy, but they got the drift. I’m normally a very polite person but being gracious was the last thing on my mind. They immediately started me on a morphine pump and I didn’t go home till the next afternoon. Anyway, what I’m wondering is if the chemical they use in anesthesia is made from petroleum? I realize the cost of everything has escalated in the past year, but for some reason I didn’t think anesthesia would be on that list. According to my calculations the cost of anesthetic rose almost $1.00 per day in the past year. Do you suppose that it is purchased by the barrel? Is there a foreign anesthesia market someplace?? Foreign anesthesia dignitaries?? An analgesic cartel?

1 comment:

  1. Michale Knight5:03 PM

    Analgesic cartel! PERFECT!!! Love your humor! I read your trail reports all winter and am enjouning summer so far with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive