Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

WINE AND/OR VODKA?

Several years ago, we took a trip to Nova Scotia via Canada.

Dan enjoys a beer now and then and when it is hot weather, I really enjoy peach wine coolers…or I should say ENJOYED, as in past tense. You can’t get them in our area, not the peach flavor. Anyway, since you can’t buy alcohol from grocery stores in Canada, we had to find a Canadian liquor “store”. I decided to stay in the camper while Dan went into the “store” I asked Dan to please, PLEASE get me a 4 pack of peach wine coolers. He came back out with his beer and my “4 peaches”. As I was putting them in the camper fridge, I realized it was NOT peach wine coolers, but peach VODKA coolers! So I went into the store to see if I could get the wine coolers only to find out that Canada does not have wine coolers, they have vodka coolers. “Well, isn’t this just dandy?” I said to myself. And it wasn’t even Seagrams, it was Bartles and James. OH, well.

When we got to our campsite that night, Dan had a beer and I opened one of those darn VODKA coolers that I still was stewing about. I was totally amazed! THOSE things were good!!!!

When we returned home from our trip, I tried to find the vodka coolers in OUR stores and no one carried them….just the wine coolers. IN all the traveling we have done over the years, I have yet to find vodka coolers in the U.S. And we have been back in Canada in the opposite direction (British Columbia) and you still can’t find WINE coolers in Canada. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME????

I bring this up now because we have friends from Canada camping here (Clementz’s Northcountry Campground & Cabins) this week. When Jim and Terry come, they always bring us a 4 pack of some flavor of vodka coolers and a 4 pack of hard peach raspberry lemonade (which again, I haven’t been able to find here!). I have to make those last till the next time we see them, so you KNOW I’m NOT a big drinker!

Does it take some special free trade agreement with Canada for us to have the vodka coolers and for them to have the wine coolers??? I’d really like to know about this and if anyone has an answer, please email me!

And if this will make us feel better about OUR gas prices; my friend said they are paying $1.10 per LITER in Soo, Canada. That figures out to over $4.00 per gallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive