Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, May 26, 2006

HIGH DEFINITION ENTERTAINMENT

Campers can be so entertaining.

Yesterday, we had two young ladies who checked in and requested a rustic site for a tent. They inquired about where they could fill up their water jug. I explained to them that they could fill up at any of the unoccupied campsites that had a water connection or they could use the hydrant up here by the pole barn.

Let me explain to you about the hydrant; it is a frost free hydrant. It is not a pump handle, but you must lift the handle up SLOWLY or the water gushes out with enormous force. There is a sign by the hydrant that instructs users to “Lift handle SLOWLY to desired position”.

A couple of hours after they checked in, I heard some giggling and screaming. The two gals were out at the hydrant attempting to fill this one gallon milk jug. One would pull the handle forcefully (it does not come up without effort) while the other gal held the jug under the “outlet”. As soon as the water would hit the jug, the jug would shoot off half way across the campground. It reminded me of cartoons you see of some character sitting on top of Old Faithful prior to it erupting. I watched them do this two more times, after all, there is such little quality daytime entertainment in our immediate area. I finally took pity and went out and instructed them in the proper way to use the hydrant. I also pointed out the sign. The girls looked like they’d been through a car wash (as did the sign) but they had a great time. The next time I noticed them filling their container, they were doing it at a campsite. Must be they’d had enough fun for one day.


It does not seem possible that it is Memorial Day weekend. This month has gone quickly. I most likely will not be posting as often from here on out; maybe every other day. As always, please feel free to email me with any comments or questions.

The Newberry area is all geared up to welcome you to "our neck of the woods" for your vacation fun! If I can offer suggestions or assist you in that regard, again, please feel free to contact me. Don't forget that you can come camp with us or stay in our lodging! OH! And I guess this weekend is the official start of fashion conscious people being able to wear WHITE!!!

Hope we can be a part of your vacation plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive