Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Monday, May 22, 2006

ATVS AND ORVS

As you know, Dan and I support snowmobiling and we all realize that there are bad accidents, STUPID accidents and things that can go wrong. We also know that most of the snowmobile accidents involve either speed or alcohol or a combination of both.

The past year, fatalities were down and it seemed more people were being careful about their riding habits, now we have to get the word out and educate people on ATV’s.

Every morning, I receive at a minimum 5 ATV reports of ATV related deaths. That is EVERY morning! True, these reports come from across America, not just Michigan. Yesterday, there was one out of Indiana about a 3 year old girl who had been riding with her Grandma. Neither one wearing a helmet. The machine flipped and the little girl was killed. Another story the other day about a father who had his child on the ATV with him, no helmets, going down a hill, the Dad lost control, the machine flipped, the little boy was killed. I think, if I have the time, I will start posting the links to these stories for you to read. It appears to me that ATV riders are less careful than snowmobilers…and alcohol has not been a factor in the accidents/deaths that I’ve read about with the ATVs and ORVs.

You may have to use CTRL/ click to get the following links to work. Because some of the links are too long, I can only publish the short links or my side bar disappears from my site. I will try to come up with a way to get around that, but in the meantime, here is at least one link...

Organizations NEED to be formed; safety MUST be a priority and must be taught, laws need to be enforced to at least protect KIDS. PLEASE think prior to riding! Spread the word!! I will try to post more links as I receive them. If you have trouble with these links, could you please let me know?

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/14635506.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive