Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

REMEMBER, GOLF SPELLED BACKWARDS IS FLOG!!

For those of you that come to da U.P. for snowmobiling, I think I can safely say that most of us (if not all of us) that live here year round ARE READY FOR SPRING!!! And we thought spring had sprung, but Mother Nature and White Precipitus had other ideas. Monday and Tuesday were nasty, winter days! Now if it had been late autumn, we would have been thrilled! Even the robins were getting crotchety. I suppose it IS rather difficult to pull an ice-covered worm from under the snow! I’d never seen a robin go head over heels but this one did when that worm finally let loose!

Now that the snowmobiles are most likely put away and you have visions of jet skis and Harley’s prancing in your head, I’m going to bring you up to speed of a new sport I just found out about…at least it is new to me! I’m posting a picture and I think the picture says it all! If they WERE playing golf, I think they got a wee bit off course. But then you ARE supposed to play the ball from where it lands, right??? If any of our readers participate in this venture, post a message! We’d like to learn more!

I would also like to share with you my most recent literary classic;

ODE TO A MOWER
Spring has sprung
The grass has riz
I wonder how
The mower is
Will the belts
Go round and round
Will the blades
Make a whirring sound
The plug is changed
The filter is clean
I just can’t wait
For my machine
To cut the grass
And make it fly
While swatting bugs
Till I cry
10 acres of grass
And I follow the sun
I’m the Lawn Ranger
And I "get ‘er dun"!
WRITTEN BY CATHY CLEMENTZ ( I should have the sequel, ODE TO A SHOVEL, for you by next season!) Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive