Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

ONE APRIL SHOWER

The Weather Wizards are off to a lousy spring start. There was rain predicted last Tuesday. Then it got moved to Wednesday, then Thursday. Here it is Saturday and NO RAIN YET! OH, we had a sprinkle and that is when I rushed out and took this photo…just so I could look back and remember what atmospheric vapor looks like.

The mushroom message boards are really busy. If you don’t know where to find them (the BOARDS I mean!!), go to www.morels.com. There are mushroom message boards AND PHOTOS from all over. We’re starting to see some beef steaks but as dry as it is, I don’t know if those little fungi’s (pronounced fun-guys) will even have a chance! The only good thing about being so dry is still no mosquitoes or black flies! Truthfully, I’d rather have to fight the insects instead of having fire danger be so high.

BTW, what is the price of regular gas in your area now? When I was in town 2 days ago, it was up to $2.99. It has gone up from $2.69 to $2.99 in less than a week! If you don’t want to post a comment in regards to this question, please email me and include in your email where you are from.

We’re getting to the part of the year where I won’t be able to post as often but that doesn’t mean that you can’t email me or post comments on this blog. I will always try to answer emails and respond to comments. And I’ll occasionally try to post a new photo!

Take care and have a great weekend! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Melissa Clark7:06 AM

    gAS IS ABOUT $2.89 IN OUR AREA, down by Coldwater.

    We've read your reports for years and are enjoying your new outlet! The pictures are very nice too. We're finding mushrooms here and there in our orchard. Any up your way yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post and the kind words! There's no way around it, the price of gas is an issue every place you go. What I DON'T understand is HOW our politicians are allowing this to continue with all the record breaking profits being made by the gas companies. Someone enlighten me, please!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive