Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

NUTTIN' MUCH

The weather has been absolutely perfect and THERE ARE NO MOSQUITOES YET! But then, we haven’t had any rain either. Fire danger is high and we really DO need the rain.

But with this perfect weather, I’ve been able to start getting the campground ready for when we open May 14th. With Dan laid up due to his knee replacement, there are a lot of things I’m doing by myself. Fortunately a good friend, Chuck, helped me hang the pavilion screen doors and the screen door to the Laundromat. Unfortunately, he has knee problems and is limited on what he can do as far as lifting, etc.

A week or so ago, Trail Boss Bob and Groomer Bob came out and “unstacked” the picnic tables for me. I told them if they got them unstacked, I’d be able to get them in the loader bucket and deliver them to the appropriate sites. Yesterday, I got the loader out and decided I better be getting the fire pits cleaned out, pick up limbs and sticks and sod that got “misplaced” with this winter’s plowing. I thought I would even tackle at least 10 of those tables. HA!

You may remember that a year ago I had major surgery on my left shoulder (remember the ergonomically correct snow shovel story???) and then about 2 months ago I had minor shoulder surgery on my right shoulder?? I still have problems with both shoulders and I think I most likely will always have problems. After getting up and down off that loader at least 50 times yesterday, I REALLY felt my shoulder troubles (and troubles with my shins, my ankles,…basically any body part that was moving yesterday.)

So, ya get aches when ya get older; with or without surgeries. You remember (or TRY to remember) when you were able to do things without hurting so badly. Way back when I was young and I had a shape, other than ROUND, I collected t-shirts with “sayings” on them. One of my favorite shirts was this bright yellow tight fitting one that said “I may not be totally perfect, but parts of me are excellent!”. I thought about that shirt a lot yesterday and wondered if I could find an oversized t-shirt in black (remember black makes you look thinner) that said “I joined a health club, but don’t have the strength to go” or “The Roman Empire fell and so did these” or “My body has expanded to hold all the wisdom I’ve acquired”. Sigh….

Now, this is where you find out who your friends are. Jerry Moore (AKA Biskit…visit his website at http://www.biskitscloset.com/) VOLUNTEERED himself and a friend to stop by on Saturday and help me with the picnic tables and anything else that I could use help with! AH hA! So weather cooperating I’m going to put their offer to good use! I may even ask them to help install some of the playground equipment! (Biskit just got back from his vacation to Graceland and I’m sure you will find all kinds of photos and stories once he gets caught up, so check out his site.). I also need to thank Candace Chapman, from the Gateway Motel in Newberry, for her offer to help. She was willing to learn how to operate the loader so she could help me!

To those of you who have inquired about Dan, he got his 40 staples out yesterday so that was a big relief to him. He will have his last in home PT session today and next week he will start PT at the hospital. I’m sure just getting OUT of here will make him feel better. He is not one to be incapacitated and it is driving him nuts that he can’t be out helping me. I have made copies of the emails that you have sent and have given them to him so he can read them for himself. To those of you that ask or are wondering if he will be grooming trails next season, he won’t know that for quite a while. It depends on how well he recuperates from this knee replacement. So thanks to all of you for the concern and the well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive