Welcome to Yooper Yarns! Please don't be shy; become a follower! I know you are out there!

About Me

My photo
A long time ago, I was a child. (I started out as Cathy First from Colon, Mi.) For the past several years I’ve been an adult. A lot of things went on between those two stages of life; probably no more or no less than anyone elses. My husband and I moved to “da U .P” from southern Lower Michigan several years ago (yes we were trolls at one time). We owned and operated and operate Clementz’s Northcountry Campground and Cabins just north of Newberry, Michigan until May 2015. We have grown kids and grandkids (who all live downstate). My passion is life and all that Nature has to offer us and trying to photograph it in unique ways. Our intention in life is to see all that Nature has to offer us. We hope that you will be a part of our adventures as we cruise through our lives together. Come back often!

Friday, April 28, 2006

IDLE CHATTER

I had a couple of emails yesterday thanking me for Yooper Yarns. As I explained in a post a few days ago, it is getting near the time of year when my time to write will be limited…or at least I HOPE it will be! By that, I mean I hope tourism business will be up this year.

I do have a snowmobile story that I want to share with you but because it is copyrighted from the news station that it appeared on, I have contacted the news team to see if I will be allowed to copy it (including their copyright info) into Yooper Yarns. Their copyright info does not even allow you to “re-write” it into your own version and I DO respect that.

I’m still getting the campground ready to open. I still have the playground equipment to put up and 14 heavy, cedar wooden picnic tables to sit down and distribute. Dan is still laid up with his knee replacement and is very frustrated that he is not able to do this work. He is not a person to be idle for any length of time.

We have a “logger” neighbor, Mic McNamara, who is bringing some of his heavy equipment down between now and the 10th of May to remove 3 HUGE poplar trees that have grown up in a clump. We hate to take any tree out, but one of them is dead and could be an accident waiting to happen. Another “sad” thing about loosing these huge trees is that there are several little “waxy” pines coming up around them. I have tried transplanting these particular types of pine trees before and they never make it. Mic will be able to haul the stump away and I’ve told him he can have the wood since we won’t be able to cut it up at least until fall. When he is done, then I’ll have to take our loader and go to our dirt pile so I can fill the hole back in, rake it down and get it seeded. (THAT will really make Dan feel bad…he LOVES to work with his loader! And to tell you the truth, I wish it was him that was going to be doing this work! I am not that skilled with it!)

I am working on the story to answer the burning question “How did you become campground owners?” and hope to have that ready for you in a couple of days.

I also want to use this site to publish the Tahquamenon Area Snowmobile Association meeting minutes. I will try to get the last meeting minutes posted today or tomorrow.

Today is supposed to be a beautiful day and I’ve still got a lot of outside work to do. Hopefully I can find someone to help me get those darn tables set down and the playground equipment up! All the TASA guys have already gone back to other jobs. Fortunately, we’ve got a neighbor “kid” who has said he will help out!

Catch ya later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment!

Blog Archive